Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Toddler Bed

We are either crazy or smart . . . but Tom brought up the toddler bed and I'm training Molly to sleep in it. Hmmmmm . . . why you ask? The only furniture we have ever purchased is our couch and the matching crib/dresser for the baby's room. I don't want to split up the crib an dress and Molly is too big to sleep in the pack and play all the time. (Plus I don't think it's that comfortable and would rather something else if there is an option.) So since the baby furniture is so nice and actually matches, we're trying out the toddler bed so Molly can be totally transitioned before the baby comes (and before Grandma and Grandpa come to visit in July).

In a few weeks, we'll move the girls room upstairs, but for now, the toddler bed is in their room on the main floor. I put her down at 8:45, and have re-put her down (calmly, no eye contact, just put back in the bed) quite a few times, but she'll learn. It's 9:25 right now and she's been quiet for about 10 minutes. Not too bad for the first time!! We'll see how long she sleeps. :)