Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Family picture at church

As always, Mother's Day is a day of mixed emotions for me. It's hard to believe that my Mom has been gone for 7 years. Each Mother's Day has gotten a little easier and I no longer dread the day, or pray that the pastor doesn't talk about Mothers. I did think about and pray for a few friends, who have also lost their mothers more recently than I have as I know this day was very hard for them. We missed celebrating Tom's Mom, but were able to talk to her on the phone in the evening. :)


I enjoyed being celebrated as a Mom. The girls (and Tom) surprised me with a pregnancy massage (YEA!!!) so I will be going to the Tacoma mall to enjoy that soon! After church we took a rest and then headed off to Kent Station (an outdoor mall) because I had been wondering what it was like. Another disappointment . . . we are spoiled by the Grove and Paseo Colorado.
After that 15 minute walk through the "mall" . . . we headed over to Clark Lake Park, which is directly across the street from our church. It looks very small from the street, but it's HUGE. There are a bunch of trails to walk on and a little dock that goes out over a lake. We loved it and will definitely be taking a picnic lunch on Sundays when the weather in nice! Anyone want to join us?

When we got home, the girls took a bath while Tom made us chicken tomatillo tacos. We ate by the fire outside and enjoyed roasting marshmallows. After the girls went to bed, Tom and I were able to enjoy some quiet time out there as well. What a nice day it was!



Sage took this picture of us at the park. :)

On the trail . . .

1 comments:

The Martinez Family

Kent Station has nothing on the Grove :-) and we would love to join you at the park some day for a picnic. I am glad you had a good mother's day, let me know how your pregnancy massage is.