Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mommy School - Letter M

I have to admit I've been a slacker as far as Mommy School with Sage since Christmas. I'd like to blame it on being pregnant and exhausted, but that's not really a very good excuse. She has such a desire to learn and loves it!! We did manage to do the letter L last week, and I'm ready for the letter M starting Monday.

So here's my plan so I don't slack off again . . . I'm going to post my plan each week to help keep myself accountable. If you don't see a post about what we're doing, someone PLEASE e-mail me and make sure I'm doing it!! :) Also, if you read this and think of an amazing activity that could go along with the letter of the week, please share it!! This whole preschool thing is new to me . . .



Letter of the week: Mm

Poem
Muffin
Mix, mix, mix,
stir, stir, stir,
bake, bake, bake,
a yummy muffin I will make

Songs
(use maraccas) The bear went over the mountain, Three blind mice, She'll be coming 'round the mountain, Micah 6:8

Bible Story
Moses

Verse
Micah 6:8 - use song to learn

Snack
muffins, macaroni

Craft
masks, mailbox (OJ carton)

P.E.
march to music with maraccas, monkey bars at the park

Math
7

Books
If you Give a Mouse a Cookie, 5 little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed


Other
Months of the year (use calendar)


Micah 6:8 song
He has shown thee, O Man,
What is good, and what the Lord requires of thee;
He has shown thee, O Man,
What is good, and what the Lord requires of thee;
But to do justly, and to love mercy,
And to walk humbly, with our God.
But to do justly, and to love mercy,
And to walk humbly, with our God.

1 comments:

The Martinez Family

This is such a great idea! I'm totally gonna try to start this with Ella :-) After the baby and the kidney stones are done hehe