Thursday, March 12, 2009

15 1/2 weeks . . .

Well, I'm 15 1/2 weeks along and had some bleeding last night for a few hours. So I drove up to Seattle this morning and had an ultrasound. Everything looks good. The baby's heartbeat is strong and he/she is moving around a lot. :) Yea!

It was so cute to hear Sage pray for the baby this morning. She had so many questions. The hardest was, "What happens if the Dr. says the baby is not OK?" My response . . . Remember that God says not to worry . . . He's in control. She seemed OK with that and then we prayed again for the baby. :)

She also had a bunch of questions at the Dr. and she only did an ultrasound. I told her before we went in to save the questions for after and I would answer the ones I could but that some I would not answer because she is 4 and doesn't need to know. She seemed OK with the. The Dr. has a 2 year old of her own and was so great with her and let Sage ask questions about the ultrasound and the machine (what do these buttons do?) Sage also got her own picture of the baby. :)

1 comments:

Unknown

Hi Jennifer - I am SO glad you and the baby are doing OK! And I love your answer to Sage - seems I remember another little girl a few years ago who asked Judy Jansen a zillion questions about rice, or peas, or something (memory fades along with the hair). I know we all inherit everything of value from the Lord, but I see a lot of that Mother-Daughter interwoven-ness (is that a word?) that you and Mom had together. And I know Janet had it with her Mom as well. How precious! I love you!

Dad