Sunday, March 22, 2009

Got Meat?

Yes . . . and a whole lot of it. Tom went to Cash and Carry the other day and bought a huge piece of chuck and put it in the fridge outside. When he said he was going out to the garage to get the chuck, Sage said (very excited), "Uncle Chuck is in the garage?" Cute.

Anyways, we had fun cutting and grinding it up. (When I say we, I of course mean Tom. I just packaged it up and got it ready for the freezer.) Tom deals with huge quantities of meat (and other food) all the time, but to me, this was one HUGE piece of meat. In the end we had 10 lbs. of ground beef, 2 two pound packages of stew meat, 1 lb. of meat for stir fry and 2 large pot roasts. That should last us a while!! :)

Thanks for letting us borrow the grinder Amie. That attachment might be on our Christmas list next year. :) It's so fun to use!

3 comments:

Abuk

I am so impressed...I totally want a "how to cut up meat" lesson from Tom so we can get more "bang for our buck" we just don't use that attachment well at all (sigh) :-)

Jessica

That's one hunk of beef! (On the counter, not Tom! ;)

Anonymous

if you haven't yet, you have to try the "juicer" attachment to make applesauce this fall! It's an awesome one too!