Saturday, April 25, 2009

Good bye clothes

Tom and I did some major organizing in our garage on Wednesday and I was inspired to go through all the bags of kid clothes we have. (Everytime I walk out there, I am amazed at how much space we have.) I have a bag for each size from 0-3 months to 5T. Some sizes even had 2 bags. AHHHH! Too many clothes . . . I feel guilty. We have so much. I needed to get out some spring/summer clothes for the girls so I started with those bags.

Anything I didn't like or anything that had a stain on it is going away. Some of the stains would probably come out if I worked at them, but with the amount of clothes we have, if I wasn't going to die if I didn't have it for one of the girls, it's being donated! I'm also very excited that our new little one is being born in the same month as Alyssa because I have some great holiday clothes for her! Thanks Mom!! I also organized shoes and put each size in a bag.
My 3-6 month bag got some water in it and some of the clothes were molding . . . what fun. The ones I loved I washed a few times in the wash and they are fine. Others I had to throw out because they were disgusting. Lucking, Jessica had borrowed a bunch of clothes for Jeanine out of that bag, so a lot of them were sitting on a box, waiting for me to put away and were fine. :)
We also had a bag of Tom's clothes outside which we went through and are getting rid of the many clothes that look like a tent on him. We weeded out a few clothes in the closet too. I'm so proud of him for losing over 50 pounds and keeping it off. Yea!
So all this to say, the bags you see in the picture are in the van and are going to be donated today! Yea . . . more room in the garage.
Another donation I'm excited about is some toiletries (deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.) that I've been able to get for free thanks to some amazing deals at Walgreen's. I went through our cupboard and anything I had that we couldn't use within a reasonable amount of time, is going to the food pantry down the street. Yea!!
On to the next project . . . (am I nesting already? I still have 4 months to go . . .)

0 comments: