Prayer Journal
They say kids really copy what their parents do . . . Well, every morning (or most mornings) I try to get up before the girls and have my devotions and prayer, otherwise it just doesn't get done. Sometimes Sage gets up while I'm finishing up, usually when I'm writing in my prayer journal or praying. She's asked about what I'm writing and a few times I've prayed out loud so she could hear me.
All that to say, yesterday morning, I had left my Bible Study books, Bible and Prayer Journal out on the sofa so I could put it in my bag for Bible Study. Sage saw it asked where her devotional book was. Then she went into the kitchen and started to get all of her craft stuff out. When I asked her what she was doing, she said that she was making a book to write down the things she wanted to pray about and then asked me to write them down for her when she was done. How great is that!! Praise the Lord!! It's nice when something positive that you do is copied, instead of something negative. :) What a great parenting moment!!!

2 comments:
Oh that's so great! Praise God for His faithfulness to open our children's eyes to the truth!
Hi Scooter! These are the priceless things to keep in rearing a child, like special photographs ... something to keep in a time capsule to hand to Sage someday. I cried when I read this. I hope your Mom and I were of some help in allowing you to become the role model you've already become to your girls, and a godly example of what I wish all parents could be proud of. I'm so proud of you!! Congratulations! I love you. I hope you know you will always be my little girl. Give the girls a big squeeze from me. Love, your Dad, aka "Papa".
Post a Comment