Monday, February 2, 2009

Tastykakes

If you don't know what a Tastykake is, you're missing out. They are an east coast treat, like something Hostess would sell here. My favorite is the Butterscotch Crumpet.

Last night Tom asked me if I had checked to see if our peanut butter granola bars had been recalled and when I was looking at the website of cleared items, I saw TASTYKAKES. Of course, I immediately needed one and wondered who I could call in Pennsylvania to send me some via priority mail. Then Tom reminded me that we had a recipe for them in a cookbook. So my wonderful husband ran to Fred Meyer to pick up a few things and made them for me.

Now Dad, I know you are jealous. Sorry. Maybe we can make some when I'm down there this month. And Mom and Dad, you are probably having flashbacks about our trip to Washington DC and thinking I was crazing for liking them so much. :)

Anyways . . . obviously not much going on here if I'm blogging about Tastykakes. I did take a picture of it, but it's not that exciting to look at . . . you have to eat it to enjoy it.

1 comments:

The Martinez Family

Well I'm sold! I want to try one. Anything with butterscotch is on my list of yumminess.