Operation Christmas Child
Today we went shopping with Amie, Providence and Rosemary to buy gifts for our Operation Christmas Child shoe box. I showed Sage the video on-line before we went so she could understand as much as possible what we were doing. Sage and Providence ended up picking out a doll with some clothes, diapers and a bottle, along with a few other little toys. Then we went back to the house and the girls packed the box.
I love this project for a few reasons. First, it gives me a chance to talk to Sage about the importance of sharing about God with others. We talked about how the child would get this gift box and also hear about Jesus. She immediately suggested that we put a Bible in the box. (YEA!) I had to explain to her that they would put in a Bible book for us in the language the child could understand. I don't know that she understands the concept of different languages, but I'm glad she suggested putting in a Bible so that the child could learn about God. That means she knows we learn about God from the Bible!
Second, it gives us a chance to thank God for all that we have. Even though money is very tight for us, we still have so much compared to so many people in the world. It was great to be able to talk to Sage about how much God has given us and how nice it is that we can share with others.
I don't want to leave Molly and Tom out. Tom was working (yea half-yearly sale) and Molly did a great job in the stroller and then took a nap while we packed the box. :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment